Senior AI R&D Engineer
Job Title: Senior AI R&D Engineer
Job Status: One Year Contract Position (renewable based on mutual interest)
Target Start Date: Immediately
The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC, http://www.qmic.com), Doha, Qatar, invites
applications for a Senior AI R&D Engineer to join our technology & applied research department.
The main responsibilities of the Senior AI R&D Engineer include but not limited to:
• Lead and execute AI projects in different application domains including smart cities,
transport, road safety, etc.
• Build AI models, architectures, and algorithms to address business problems
• Design, implement, and validate deep-learning pipelines and machine-learning
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data
• Undertake data collection, preprocessing and analysis
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Prepare demonstrations of end-to-end AI-powered systems showing their features and
• Collaborate with business, engineering and product development teams
The applicant should hold a MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics,
or Computer/Electrical Engineering. He/she should have the following skills:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in data science/analytics R&D projects
• Very good knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision
tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
• Strong Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties
of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
• Experience with some of distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm,
Cassandra, MySQL, etc.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: SENIOR AI R&D ENGINEER | February 2020
• Strong Knowledge of neutral networks-based architectures: CNN, RNN, GAN, RL, etc.
• Knowledge of Deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
• Previous experience in applying deep learning techniques for at least two different types
of data (structured data, text, images, videos, speech/audio, etc.) is an important asset
• Solid hands-on experience in development, debugging, and troubleshooting software and
• Previous experience with some data visualization frameworks and tools: Tableau, D3.js,
Google charts, etc.
• Very good Knowledge and experience in Python to manipulate data and draw insights
from large data sets and build data models
• Good Knowledge of R programming, Tidyverse packages, and Shiny
• Familiarity with Scala, Java, C, or C++ is an asset
• Knowledge of geospatial analytics is beneficial
• Prior industrial experience is an asset
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
The position is available immediately.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc
Please make sure to write in the subject of the email “Senior AI R&D Engineer”.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.