Job Status: Two Year Contract Position. Preference is given to qualified candidates based in Qatar.
Target Start Date: Immediately
Qatar Mobility Innovations Center invites applications for a Research Engineer to join our Technology Development & Applied Research group in our state-of-the art offices at the Qatar Science and Technology Park. The group mandate is to research, develop technologies, and product proof of concepts in the areas of Smart Cities, Intelligent Mobility, and Internet-of-Things.
You will work in close collaboration with other researchers and engineers to develop, maintain and support world-class systems, in emerging technology domains especially in the area of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) for smart city applications. You will be engaged in a number of tasks spanning research, software development, hardware development, system integration and testing.
• The applicant should hold a MSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
The applicant should have skills and experience in these areas:
- Python programing
- Hardware development skills (Linux, Arduino, etc.)
- Prior experience with drones (assembling, integration, calibration, programming and flying) is highly appreciated
- Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Software and system development, debugging, and testing
- Prior industrial experience is also appreciated
- Full stack web development is a good plus
- Good English communication skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure;
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working independently or as part of a team and collaborative environment.
The position is available immediately.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV including details of three references to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure to write in the subject of the email “Research Engineer”. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.