R&D Data Engineer
Job Title: R&D Data Engineer
Job Status: One Year Contract Position (renewable based on mutual interest)
Target Start Date: Immediately
The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC), invites applications for R&D Data Engineer to join our technology & applied research department.
The main responsibilities of the R&D Data Engineer include but not limited to:
- Undertaking data collection, preprocessing and analysis
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Building models to address business problems
- Designing and implementing deep-learning pipelines and machine-learning algorithms
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
- Preparing demonstrations of end-to-end data-based systems showing their features and benefits
- Contributing in delivering data-driven products to clients
- Collaborating with business, engineering and product development teams
The applicant should hold a BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, or Computer/Electrical Engineering. He/she should have the following skills:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in data science/analytics R&D projects
- An Msc or PhD is preferred
- Very good knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience with some of distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, Cassandra, MySQL, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of neutral networks-based architectures: CNN, RNN, GAN, RL, etc.
- Knowledge of Deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Previous experience in applying deep learning techniques for at least two different types of data (structured data, text, images, videos, speech/audio, etc.) is an important asset
- Solid hands-on experience in development, debugging, and troubleshooting software and systems
- Previous experience with some data visualization frameworks and tools: Tableau, D3.js, Google charts, etc.
- Knowledge of R programming, Tidyverse packages, and Shiny
- Knowledge and experience in Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets and build data models
- Familiarity with Scala, Java, C, or C++ is an asset
- Knowledge of geospatial analytics is beneficial
- Prior industrial experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
The position is available immediately. Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV (including the names of at least three referees), graduate studies transcript of records, and a cover letter to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to write in the subject of the email “R&D Data Engineer”.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.