Job Title: Project Manager, Intelligent Transport & Smart Cities
Job Status: One Year Contract Position (renewable based on mutual interest).
Target Start Date: Oct. 2019
The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC), Doha, Qatar, invites applications for a Project Manager (Intelligent Transport & Smart Cities) to join our Business & Project Delivery team.
The project manager will manage delivery of client-centric projects. Such projects may involve consulting services, delivery of smart platforms and services, and running technology pilots. The candidate will work very closely with customers and partners as well as internal R&D, platform development, and business teams to ensure successful delivery of projects within schedule and according to project scope. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, relevant technical skills, and prior extensive knowledge in dealing with high value customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks.
- Manage all communications with clients efficiently and successfully manage and set their expectations based on project scope.
- Facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Take meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs necessary follow-up to ensure closure.
- Lead development of project presentations and monthly/weekly progress reports.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and producing technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Ensure that project goals and objectives are met through efficient staff allocation that maintains timely delivery.
- Track any scope changes in the project and relay them efficiently to the project team.
The applicant should hold a BS.C in a related field (preferably in Engineering). He/She has to have the following skills:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in project management or delivery (preferably in Qatar) of large-scale projects
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. (Arabic is a plus)
- Holding a PMP or Prince 2 certificate is highly desired
- Prior experience in transport, smart city, or infrastructure projects
- Very good critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently and under a high degree of ambiguity